Re: IMAP newbie, not getting any messages

From: bigfaceworm
Subject: Re: IMAP newbie, not getting any messages
Date: 14 May 2004 12:44:24 -0700

Kai Grossjohann <kai@emptydomain.de> wrote in message
news:<87d658qb4d.fsf@emptyhost.emptydomain.de>...
> This is the point of nnimap -- it is for managing and using nnimap
> groups, not nnmail groups.

Right.  Only my Exchange server has a pretty tight limit on the size
of the mailboxes, so I (think I) would like to archive things in my
Unix mailboxes.

But I see your point.

> > Is this possible?  I'd rather not have 2X my groups (one set nnmail and one
> > set nnimap).
>
> It is not possible with nnimap, but you can use mail-sources to get
> what you want:
>
> (setq mail-sources '((imap :server "your.host" ...)))

Ahhh... didn't know about mail-sources.

My Gnus *info* pages are all screwed up.  The build/install of Gnus
never seems to be able to generate them properly, so looking up docs
is kind of hit and miss.  It's much easier using *info* than Google.  ;-)

Thanks for the help.

BFW