Re: What's wrong with my face?

From: Windar
Subject: Re: What's wrong with my face?
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 18:04:52 +0200

jesse@phiwumbda.org (Jesse F. Hughes) disait le 05/14/04 :

> Hey ho.
>
> I finally discovered that my face header had been omitted for months.
> I had forgotten to install netpbm after a distribution upgrade and I
> never noticed the missing header.
>
> Tonight I installed netpbm and now the header is being generated, but
> I can't see the image in my own posts.  I'm not sure, but I think it's
> too large, despite the fact that I use the usual method for including
> it:
>
> (add-to-list 'message-required-mail-headers
>                   '(Face . (lambda ()
>                                      (gnus-face-from-file
>                                     (expand-file-name
>                                      "~/pics/MickeyFace.jpg")))))
>
> (add-to-list 'message-required-news-headers
>                   '(Face . (lambda ()
>                                      (gnus-face-from-file
>                                     (expand-file-name
>                                      "~/pics/MickeyFace.jpg")))))
>
> The file is a bit complicated, I guess, and I see the following
> messages when I send a post.
>
> Length 802; trying quant 8
> Length 892; trying quant 10
> Length 951; trying quant 12
> Length 1008; trying quant 14
>
> It appears that quant 8 gets the size down sufficiently, but I just
> don't know.  Can anyone help me diagnose the problem?  Thanks much.

I use gnus posting styles, for instance :

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(
        (".*"
         (name "Windar")
         (X-URL "http://www.plop.net";)
         (X-Face `(x-face-insert "~/fcom-logo.xbm"))
         )

        (message-this-is-news
         (address "spam@sux.com")
         (organization "GNUS powered")
         (signature-file "~/.usenet-sig")
         (Face `(gnus-convert-png-to-face "~/face-robot.png"))
         )

 [...]

        )
)

the png  file is a 48x48  8 colors image  whose size is less  than 726
bytes.

--
*****                         Jungle Power                         *****

We love Rohypnol, She got Rohypnol, We take Rohypnol, Just forget it all
                                                               - Prodigy