Re: nnmaildir renaming error

From: Steven E. Harris
Subject: Re: nnmaildir renaming error
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 08:21:15 -0700

jbpritts@yahoo.com (Jimmy Pritts) writes:

> Does the nnmaildir package work with xemacs under cygwin?  I am
> running Windows XP and a recent Cygwin.

[...]

> I don't think colons are allowed with Windows, maybe this is the
> problem?

Search around for the ongoing discussion about mutt's maildir support
on Cygwin (most of which I've seen is on gmane.os.cygwin, or the
cygwin@cygwin.com list). They have the same problem, but with more
people looking at it.

Cygwin has an experimental feature called "managed mounts." Read about
the "-o" option in the man page for "mount." With managed mounts, one
can work around the maildir invalid character problem, but it's not
really a settled solution. The mutt maintainers are reluctant to do
something special to support Cygwin. The argument goes that the
maildir "specification" needs to amended to better accommodate file
system constraints like these.

--
Steven E. Harris        :: seharris@raytheon.com
Raytheon                :: http://www.raytheon.com