Re: connect to MS Exchange ldap

From: Serge Olkhowik
Subject: Re: connect to MS Exchange ldap
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:56:42 +0300

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:30:56 -0400
 Josh Huber (Josh) wrote:

 Josh> I managed to get this working with XEmacs here at work, with the
 Josh> following configuration:

 Josh> 1) ~/.eudc-options (this is generated by filling in an EUDC form,
 Josh>    where I just filled in the name of our AD domain controller):

I'm trying to manage this file manually, so I filled it with your
settings. But additionly I had to add this line:

      ldap-ldapsearch-args '("-x")

and LDAP search becamed to work.

But I have some questions:

* when query form is used I have to fill any search field exactly, i.e. not
  "solo" for e-mail, but "solo@isd.dp.ua"

  is it possible to exec partial match query?

* eudc-expand-inline doesn't work properly, for example I'm typing "solo"
  and then "M-x eudc-expand-inline" - it removes my text (i.e. "solo") and
  opens another buffer like this:

,----
| Click <mouse-2> on a completion to select it.
| In this buffer, type RET to select the completion near point.
|
| Possible completions are:
|  <>                               <>
|  <>                               <>
`----

* I store my AD password in .eudc-options file, but I'm afraid that after
  chmod-ing it to 0600 these permissions will be lost after emacs it'll
  rewrite? So I try to manage this file manually and guess my permissions
  won't lost.

Can anyone help me with my questions?

Thanks a lot!

--