Re: Multiselect files to attach?

From: Steven E. Harris
Subject: Re: Multiselect files to attach?
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 08:34:01 -0700

Jarle Thorsen <jarle@genbukan.no> writes:

> Sometimes I want to attach several files to the e-mail I am sending
> via gnus. It is really hard work to add each file one at a time. Is
> it somehow possible to attach more than one file at a time?

Check out the gnus-dired-mode commands:

,----
| Minor Mode Bindings for `gnus-dired-mode':
| key             binding
| ---             -------
|
| C-c             << Prefix Command >>
|
| C-c return      << Prefix Command >>
| C-c C-m         << Prefix Command >>
|
| C-c C-m C-a     gnus-dired-attach
| C-c C-m C-l     gnus-dired-find-file-mailcap
| C-c C-m C-p     gnus-dired-print
|
| C-c return C-a   gnus-dired-attach
| C-c return C-l   gnus-dired-find-file-mailcap
| C-c return C-p   gnus-dired-print
`----

While composing a message, you can open a separate dired buffer (say,
C-x 4 d), mark the files you want to attach, and hit C-c C-m C-a
(`gnus-dired-attach'). The files get inserted at the end of the active
message buffer, not at the previous mark, which is unfortunate because
I usually like to attach files before my signature. It's not too hard
to move the resulting MML tags around.

There are a couple of limitations with gnus-dired-attach. One cannot
choose the disposition or description of the attachments
interactively, and one can only insert marked files from one dired
buffer at a time.

--
Steven E. Harris        :: seharris@raytheon.com
Raytheon                :: http://www.raytheon.com