Re: Heavily used newsgroups. Displaying more articles not previously rea

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Heavily used newsgroups. Displaying more articles not previously read.
Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:48:35 +0200

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 14:34:20 GMT, Don wrote:

> a. how does expiration happen exactly?...

That depends on what software the newsserver uses and how the
administrator has set it up.

Given limited storage, administrators often delete articles that are
older than some number of days, or keep only the last N articles.

> b. is expiration it a setting?...

For the administrator of the newsserver, yes. For the user of the
newsserver, no.

  Best regards,

--
 "It's just been halloween. I have my Bob Dylan-mask          Adam Sjøgren
  on. I'm masquerading."                                 asjo@koldfront.dk