How to use RSS

From: joao
Subject: How to use RSS
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:19:44 +0200

Hi,

Can anyone point to a *working* tutorial on how to set up RSS from
within gnus ?

I've installed gnus 5.10.6 specifically for this. The info doc says to
use `G R' or `B nnrss RET y', but when I type the URL to subscribe to a
feed it just gets stuck, my emacs will not repaint, I have to interrupt
with C-g. I saw a post here mentioning another method with `G m', but
the same thing happened. I just can't subscribe.

I feel like I'm missing some basic configuration here, is there
something to put in .gnus first ?

I also read prompts about 'discovering' RSS feeds on a site, what's
this ? Take Newsforge's Newsvac, for example : the URL under the RSS
icon is http://newsvac.newsforge.com/newsvac.rss, is this what I should
type ?

Anyway, any help will be welcome.

Thanks,