supercite (was: mime encoded subject is not decoded correctly)

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: supercite (was: mime encoded subject is not decoded correctly)
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 13:20:06 +0200

On Wed, Oct 20 2004, Uwe Brauer wrote:

>     Reiner> PS: Maybe you can turn off the strange filling of the
>     Reiner> citations.
>
> You mean for example the prefix "Reiner>"?  That is
> sc-nested-citation-p set to nil, a lot of people use it, and I find
> it useful.

Personally, I don't like it (it doesn't provide more information as
Gnus does by default using the standard style--if the user has proper
attribution lines).  But in Emacs related groups it is (still) quite
common.  But that wasn't my point.

> Or do you mean the fact that text which is filled is also justified?

I meant the _filling of the cited text.  It made my Lisp example
harder to read and it made the boxquote more or less unreadable (the
citation markers "|" were scattered all around).

An example: The boxquote...

,----
| foo
| barbar