displaying mime with gnus

From: Josef Dalcolmo
Subject: displaying mime with gnus
Date: 09 Feb 2005 12:17:27 +0100

Beware, I am using Gnus 5.9.0 on NT Emacs

When I right-click a Mime button I get a menu. Unfortunately, almost
all of them do the same thing: they offer me to save to a file. For
example: "view as mime type" first shows the type, then just offers me
to save the (image) file but doesn't launch a viewer etc.

Only the "view interactively" item gives me the option to launch a
viewer. I tried first the program itself (Irfanview) but that did not
work. It worked with fiber.exe - a launcher from the mew distribution.

I spent the evening looking for the right parameters to adjust - but
did not find them yet. Any hints?

- Josef

Dr. Josef Dalcolmo, von Hoerner & Sulger GmbH, D-68723 Schwetzingen
http://www.vh-s.de, e-mail: dalcolmo@vh-s.de, tel: +49-6202-5756-28