Re: Using W3M

From: johnsu01
Subject: Re: Using W3M
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 20:08:06 GMT

Matt Jones <matt_jones@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:

> johnsu01 <x@x.x> writes:
>
>> Matt Jones <matt_jones@blueyonder.co.uk> writes:
>>
>>> I'd like to browse URLs I'm sent via email with W3M. I can do this by
>>> positioning the cursor on the url and doing 'M-x w3m'. Should I be able
>>> to simply position the cursor and press return to load W3M with the URL?
>>> If so, what do I need to configure?
>>>
>>> In my .emacs I have:
>>> (require 'w3m-load)
>>>
>>> Matt
>>
>> Something like:
>>
>> (setq browse-url-browser-function 'w3m-browse-url)
>
> Thanks. I've tried that although it still doesn't seem to work. I get
> the error:
>
> Searching for program: No such file of directory, open
>
> I definitely have W£3Mand emacs-w3m installed.

Oh, are you using MS Windows?

Because I see a line (w32-shell-exectue "open" url) in
browse-url-default-windows-browser.

Not sure how to help you with that one, but if you are using MS Windows, it
looks like you need to convince it not to use the
browse-url-default-windows-browser function to open the URL.

If you are not using MS Windows, what does the Backtrace say if you do M-x
toggle-debug-on-error and then try to browse the URL?

--
-johnsu01
-http://www.wjsullivan.net