Re: bitstream vera sans mono ugly in gnus

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: bitstream vera sans mono ugly in gnus
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:45:42 +0900

Aidan Kehoe <kehoea@parhasard.net> writes:
>  > [...] o.k., but I use emacs, not xemacs, though I don't really know what
>  > are pros and cons of those two alternatives.
>
> If that is the case--and I may be jumped on and abducted by GNU Emacs people
> for suggesting this--then you probably won’t notice the difference if you
> switch, and certainly ten minutes’ informed configuration will eliminate
> anything that annoys you.

This is probably true for "casual" users -- from 10 yards away, they are
very similar.  If you're more a hacker-type with lots of customizations
and attention paid to getting all the little details just-so, switching
may well drive you bat-shit crazy.

-Miles
--
"Suppose we've chosen the wrong god. Every time we go to church we're
just making him madder and madder." -- Homer Simpson