run script over each article in group?

From: John Fry
Subject: run script over each article in group?
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 17:08:11 -0700

Hi,

I'd like to be able to automatically process every article that come
in to one particular group.

The group in question is an RSS group.  As headlines and URLs are
posted to this group, I want to automatically download the articles
pointed to by the URLs (using, say, wget), then search the articles
for keywords and otherwise manipulate them automatically.

I only want this to happen in the RSS group, not in any other groups.

I'm guessing that the best approach is to write the script in elisp
and then plug it into an appropriate hook, for example
gnus-exit-group-hook.  The automatic processing could occur before or
after visiting the group, or even without visiting the group at all,
as far as I'm concerned.  I'm also open to other solutions, for
example daemons or procmail.

Any suggestions on how to do this would be much appreciated!

Best,

John