Re: Gnus vs Cache : need advice plus a question

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: Gnus vs Cache : need advice plus a question
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:32:43 +0100

                                                    ^
Gosh, I missed the 'usage' word there---------------'

> > notebook without connection ?
> >
> > I used the agent for months, but I stopped because it is soooo
> > slow when entering a group. And for just marking articles to
> > retrieve later, the cache is enough for me.
>
> But then how do you check/read/post (new) mails/usenet posts when
> you are offline ? I often need to do so. For example, with
> planner-mode, I often create task from mails and add an action to
> process it.
>
> I need advice from your personal experience :)

That's what I wanted too say : the agent is useless to me because I
always use gnus from a connected host. I do not have a laptop (yet) so I
never had to read or write messages while offline. So maybe that you
still need the agent for that purpose.

IIRC for the reading part, the cache should behave like the agent,
should'nt it ?

I plan to get an iBook soon, maybe I will have the same problems as you
by that time ?

--
Sébastien Kirche