Re: Toolbars visible, even when turned off?!

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Toolbars visible, even when turned off?!
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:19:41 +0900

> A day or two ago, something odd started happening when I run
> Gnus/XEmacs. I've turned off toolbars in the menu
> "Options/Display/Toolbars visible" - but in Gnus they are displayed
> anyway.

That's my act.  Gnus now fully controls the visibility of
toolbars in the group buffer, the summary buffer, and the
message buffer.  You can turn off them by:

(setq gnus-use-toolbar nil
      message-use-toolbar nil)

I made those changes so that the actual behavior might respect
the doc-strings and the description of the Info manual:

`gnus-use-toolbar'
     This variable specifies the position to display the toolbar.  If
     `nil', don't display toolbars.  If it is non-nil, it should be one
     of the symbols `default', `top', `bottom', `right', and `left'.
     `default' means to use the default toolbar, the rest mean to
     display the toolbar on the place which those names show.  The
     default is `default'.

The meaning of `message-use-toolbar' is the same.

Regards,