Re: mail sources and groups

From: ecocode
Subject: Re: mail sources and groups
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 15:51:11 +0100

* Ian Zimmerman <nobrowser@gmail.com> wrote:

| My main mail source is a directory with multiple spool folders,
| into which I split with procmail.  I prefer splitting with procmail
| to Gnus' built-in nnmail-split mechanism for various reasons and
| don't want to change that.  Now what if I want to fetch from the
| default system mailbox /var/mail/foo as well?  I can add an mbox
| source for it, but how does Gnus know what group these articles
| belong to?  Do I have to define nnmail-split-methods?  Will
| that clash with the procmail way (i.e. will all articles then
| be routed to the one and only group in nnmail-split-methods,
| ignoring the procmail split)?
|
| Thanks.

Ian ,

I've the same setup as you , filtering mail through procmail. I did not
want to give up the procmail filtering even for local mail. For this I
added this line in /etc/postfix/main.cf

mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

This works nice, I can still filter mail with procmail and gnus doesnot
feel any difference between local and foreign mail

HTH

--
Eco
http://www.ecocode.net