[META] Message-Id changes [Was: reconnecting threads]

From: Ian Zimmerman
Subject: [META] Message-Id changes [Was: reconnecting threads]
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 14:36:20 -0800 (PST)

Ian> People in mailing lists often use broken MUAs or else are just
Ian> careless and ignore thread structure when posting.  Is there any
Ian> way in Gnus to say "the current article is a followup to article
Ian> foo" and display it as such from now on?

Thanks for your reply (and the others, too).

This very thread is broken for me.  Looking at your reply, I see
the references header contains

But the Message-Id of my original post was

Why?  Does mailman rewrite the Message-Id?  Any way to prevent that?

A true pessimist won't be discouraged by a little success.