Re: Configuring gnus for gmail

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: Re: Configuring gnus for gmail
Date: 2 Feb 2006 09:06:41 -0800

Thanks,

I tried it but it doesn't seem to work:
gnus sticks immediately.
I googled around but apparently there's not much on this matter,
maybe because gmail is quite new-born.
There's a detailed howto at:

http://www.pvv.ntnu.no/~terjeros/wiki/GnusGmail

. The author recommends to use both emacs and gnus taken from cvs
repositories.
But I wonder: emacs cvs already includes gnus. Wouldn't it be enough
just to
build emacs from cvs? Or should one *first* fetch and install
emacs cvs and then *also* fetch and install gnus cvs?
In the latter case, wouldn't the two versions of gnus conflict?

I've written to the author but haven't got any reply yet.
What do you people of gnu.emacs.gnus think?

Thanks,
Rodolfo