Re: Microsoft Exchange Server

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Microsoft Exchange Server
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2006 13:18:52 +0100

On Sun, 05 Feb 2006 05:10:32 +0100, Sébastien wrote:

> At 03:08 on Feb 5 2006, Adam Sjøgren said :

>> Okay, I'm not sure yet how much HTML-email I will be getting (that was
>> the part of Sébastiens email that discouraged me) - so I'll give it a
>> shot. Perhaps they wont mind.

> Now i am thinking about I am not sure that *every* html mail is broken as
> I receive sometime some spam that looks "normal" (as usual html spam).

Ah, okay.

> I think that most of my broken messages are local messages generated by
> co-workers with outlook and locally stored in the Exchange server.
> Probably in an internal proprietary MS format that is not well
> translated by the IMAP module (I remember of a problem with some
> messages and application/ms-tnef mime attachments).

Most of my work-email will probably be from coworkers using Outlook.
So far I haven't got anything fancier than attachments, so perhaps it
could work.

>> (Or I'll have to try making an IMAP<->OWA thing, although I would
>> guess that would be too much work...)

> From the administrator point of view it should only be a checkbox to
> activate on the server configuration.

Yeah, but one thing is how easy it is to do, another is persuading
them that it is a good idea to check the box (my new username isn't
'asjo' despite asking for it, for instance. I'm going to mistype the
new username a billion times as 'asjo' has been my username everywhere
for the past 13 years...)

In all fairness I should mention though that I haven't asked them yet,
so I should give the benefit of doubt ;-)

  Thanks for the input!

      Adam

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk