Re: Problem incorporating old mail file

From: Aaron Hsu
Subject: Re: Problem incorporating old mail file
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 06:42:59 -0600

Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> writes:

> I have a huge mail file that is rather ugly which I would like to
> incorporate into my Gnus system. I have reasonable splitting commands
> setup for all my old mail, but what I intend to do is this:
>
> 1. Get all the mail into an nnml format for archivial purposes.
> 2. Eliminate all the newsgroup type entries, which are dead.
> 3. Sort all the mail based on a few splitting rules (I have this one
> covered.)
> 4. Take the most important pieces of mail (based on something like
> group or some such) and upload them to my new IMAP mail server under
> certain groups. (I'm doing this so that I have my important mail with
> me whereever.)
>
> What's the best way to do this?

I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that one of my main problems is that
the file is so large, it is causing a buffer size exceeded error, and
I am also looking for a way to read in the single file without having
to split it up and manually import tons of files.

--
Aaron Hsu <spam@sacrificumdeo.net> Jabber: arcfide@xmpp.us
<http://www.sacrificumdeo.net> "Extend beyond the Mortal . . . ."