Re: Expiration

From: David Z Maze
Subject: Re: Expiration
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 11:08:23 -0500

rodolfo.medina@gmail.com writes:

> Excuse the basicness of my questions:
> how do I evaluate
>
> (or (gnus-group-auto-expirable-p gnus-newsgroup-name)
>      (gnus-group-total-expirable-p gnus-newsgroup-name))
>
> ? I tried putting that stuff in the scratch buffer and typing `C-x C-e'
> in front of it, but it doesn't seem to work.

I'd type M-: and then type (or copy) that expression into the
minibuffer.  You may be getting into trouble if gnus-newsgroup-name
isn't set properly (though if I switch to the *scratch* buffer it does
seem to be defined).  You could also just type C-x C-e in the article
buffer, actually, if you wanted to check
nntp+news.example.com:gnu.emacs.gnus.

  --dzm