Re: Using proportional fonts in Gnus

From: Giacomo Boffi
Subject: Re: Using proportional fonts in Gnus
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2006 10:42:40 +0200

Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org> writes:

> Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@gnus.org> writes:
>> Nope.  Emacs' support for proportional fonts is still pretty
>> immature.
>
> It's interesting to consider how one might do this in an "Emacsy"
> manner convenient for elisp programmers.

it seems to me that an ancient, experimental, discontinued XEmacs
branch had some support for proportional fonts in "formatted" buffers,
the like of dired or mail/news summaries

if you're interested in this topic, i think you should try asking on
the xemacs-beta mailing list, where more knowledgeable people could
help you

ciao
                                                                gb
--
Come si fa a discutere della bontà di un editor del genere se non si
parla di quanto pulito faccia il codice?           -- Zefram,  in ING