Re: gnus got lazy all of a sudden.

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: gnus got lazy all of a sudden.
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 20:17:02 +1000

Fredrik Bulow <kaliumfredrik@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for your help!

glad it was useful.

> M-g works for me. As a quick fix I might just make a macro or a lisp
> function that checks all groups with this method and bind it to G.

Alternatively, setup your news server as a secondary method and groups
are subscribed as foreign groups - this seems to work. You may then
want to change the display pattern so that only the group is shown
and not the rest of the info about method and server etc.

> I'm changing ISP soon anyway so if the problem is related to their
> server having changed something, then perhaps the problem will fix
> itself when I leave them *wishful thinking*.

I use to be with TPG as well, but didn't like them much. Until my
current ISP (internode) changed servers, I was very happy - I guess
with the exception of the news server, I'm still pretty happy with
them.

Something I forgot to mention is that I found things worked fin using
other news readers like tin - only gnus seems to have problems.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au