Re: Can't get my mail.

From: Reiner Steib
Subject: Re: Can't get my mail.
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 10:17:02 +0200

On Fri, May 19 2006, Adam Fabian wrote:

> Hi.  I'm using gnus 5.10.7 with the win32 native XEmacs 21.4.19, the
> non-mule version.
[...]
> (setq mail-sources
>       '((file :path "C:\\cygwin\\home\\afabian\\spool")))

I'd recommend to use "c:/cygwin/home/afabian/spool", but I guess this
is unrelated to your problem.

> There's an email in the spool file.  I fetched it with getmail under
> cygwin, so it probably has UNIX-style newlines.  This doesn't seem to
> get my mail into any groups.  I've spent several hours trying various
> things (I started with maildir, but I think Windows didn't like some
> renaming some lisp function was trying to do; I don't know;

nnmaildir works with hard links, so I'd guess it's not suitable for
Windows.  (AFAIK, you can create hard links on NTFS, but I guess
there's not (X)Emacs interface for it.)

> I don't even care too much, I just want to read my mail with gnus.)
> I don't see a mail.misc group being created, but ~/Mail exists and
> has a "drafts" directory.
>
> Any help would be appreciated!

You could try to edebug the function `nnmail-get-new-mail' in
`nnmail.el' to see what goes wrong.  See (info
"(gnus)Troubleshooting").

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,