Re: a couple of newbie questions with gnus

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: Re: a couple of newbie questions with gnus
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 17:03:30 +0200

Alexander Ponomarenko wrote:
"Martin" == Martin Jørgensen <unoder.spam@spam.jay.net> writes:

  Martin> David Z Maze wrote:
  >>> p.s. Well, I still need to learn to post with gnus
  >> 'a' from the summary buffer.  Edit the message buffer
  >> appropriately, then 'C-c C-c' to actually post.  'F' will
  >> follow-up to the current post with history.

  Martin> Ok, thanks, but I'll still have to figure out how to enter
  Martin> my identity information and signature... Only thing I did so
  Martin> far was to add:

  Martin> (setq gnus-select-method '(nntp "192.168.1.100"))

  You can use variable gnus-posting-styles to have different fields on
  different groups. Example:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '(("fido.*"
         (address "email@email.com")
         (signature "Best regards,\nIt's me"))
        (".*"
         (address "email2@email.com")
         (signature "Another signature"))))

Hi, thanks...

If I only want a single identity I suppose I just insert this:

> (setq gnus-posting-styles
>       '(("*.*"
>     (address "email@email.com")
>     (signature "Best regards,\nIt's me"))))

Ok, but where do I set up my name (in the "from"-field)? I must have overlooked something, because I've searched through a lot of information with no luck...

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk