Re: How many use eMacs and Gnus on daily basis?

From: Mark T.B. Carroll
Subject: Re: How many use eMacs and Gnus on daily basis?
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 11:40:15 -0400

me@privacy.net writes:

> Dumb question on my part but here goes
>
> I sick of bloated and fat software from MS
>
> If I learn emacs can it replace say 80 percent of the
> stiff I use now?

I'm planning to try out emacs' planner and wiki stuff and whatever.
There are emacs packages for many things, but many are poorly enough
documented that it really helps to be able to read Emacs Lisp so that
you can study the source code.

For word processing and spreadsheets and whatever, probably I could bend
emacs to those purposes, but frankly I use other free tools like LyX and
Gnumeric instead.

-- Mark