Re: newbie questions: paste with qoute character and thread view?

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: Re: newbie questions: paste with qoute character and thread view?
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:55:33 +0200

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> unoder.spam@spam.jay.net (Martin Jørgensen) writes:
>
>> Then it should either become something like (with an extra ">" in
>> front)
>
> M-; (comment-region)

That just makes: „ „ „ „ ? Did I disable / have to enable something? I'm
using aquamacs emacs...

>> Or perhaps it should split up the line and insert ">" on each line?
>
> M-q (fill-paragraph)

Ok, I knew about that one thanks... I later found out something pretty
awkward:

To quote manually

1- Mark the region, or the entire text with
        M-x mark-whole-buffer   C-x h
2- Add the "> " using the rectangle command
        M-x string-rectangle    C-x r t
3- Set the fill prefix by moving past the prefix and
        M-x set-fill-prefix     C-x .
4- Filling paragraphs using
        M-x fill-paragraph

Best regards