Re: grep a string in different maps.

From: Nelson Ferreira
Subject: Re: grep a string in different maps.
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 20:12:15 -0500

"william" == william a george <william.a.george@gmail.com>  escreveu:

[...]

  william> If I'm standing in the terminal directory then it is OK to find a
  william> string among the files in "terminal", but if I want to find the
string
  william> when I'm standing in "SW" then it not possible. Grep cannot recurse
  william> through the directories.
  william> I tried this combination also: find . -name * -exec grep -n string
NUL
  william> {}
  william> And I got a negative result too.

  william> Can someone please help me to find a way to solve my problem?

In my setup, GNU grep supports the -r switch which does allow for
recursion.
I use it by M-x grep RET grep -rin string . RET

--
Nelson Ferreira