Re: "undisplay" an unsubscribed group

From: Kai Großjohann
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 22:00:47 +0100

I think most Gnus users will want to hit C-k on the groups they don't
want to see.  The group is then killed.

Gnus has a concept of varying degrees of "liveness" of a group, where
level 1 is a very important group, normal (subscribed) groups are at
level 3, and unsubscribed corresponds to a level that basically tells
Gnus to hide the group but still spend CPU cycles on it.  On killed
groups, however, Gnus doesn't spend any CPU cycles.

IMVHO, using "hidden" for what is now called unsubscribed and
"unsubscribed" for what is now called killed would have been more
easily understandable.  But this is Gnus...

FWIW, new (news) groups are normally made zombies, which are just like
killed with a green dot so that you can ask Gnus for a list of them.
Type 'A z', then browse the list of new groups, subscribe the ones you
like and kill all others.  In three weeks, you can do it again.

Kai

PS: Good news: in Gnus, it is easy to kill zombies.

mihamina.rakotomandimby@etu.univ-orleans.fr (Mihamina Rakotomandimby