Simple thread sorting question

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: Simple thread sorting question
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 19:49:37 +0200

Hello all,

I am trying to sort my summary buffers so that those threads which
have the most recent posts (or mails) are last. However, I am getting
a headache when I try to do this.

The following definition in my .gnus-file puts those threads which
have the most recent posts *first* in the summary buffer (for
simplicity, I have left out the default gnus-thread-sort-by-number out
of the list, but including it makes no difference):

(setq gnus-thread-sort-functions
      '(gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number))

therefore, following the manual, I understood that the following would
result in a reverse order, the order which I would like to have

(setq gnus-thread-sort-functions
      '((not gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-number)))

However, this does not happen: in the latter case, the threads seem to
be sorted by the default (number-based) ordering.

I am using Gnus v5.10.8 in XEmacs 21.4 (patch 19).

--
Jarmo Hurri

Commercial email countermeasures included in header email
address. Remove all garbage from header email address when replying,
or just use firstname.lastname@cs.helsinki.fi .