Re: Gnus sen mail problem from Ubuntu PC

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Gnus sen mail problem from Ubuntu PC
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 14:42:04 +0100

Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk> writes:

Hi Torben,

> How do I do that? I think gnus insist on using sendmail!

You can use sendmail or any smtp server with smtpmail.el, which comes
with emacs/gnus. Maybe you need a more up-to-date version. Here's my
config for it.

,----[ ~/.gnus.el ]
| (require 'smtpmail)
| (setq send-mail-with-sendmail nil)
| (setq send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
| (setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
| (setq smtpmail-smtp-server "mail.messagingengine.com")
`----

Regards,
Tassilo
--
[Emacs] is written in Lisp, which is the only computer language that is
beautiful.  -- Neal Stephenson, _In the Beginning was the Command Line_