Re: posting name in summary buffer

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: Re: posting name in summary buffer
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:36:32 +0100

> On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 00:07:42 +0100, Martin wrote:
>
>> How do you post/reply like that?
>
> I hit 'F'.
>
> Oh, you meant the boxes? Take a look at boxquote.el:
>
>  ";; The latest version of boxquote.el can be found at:
>   ;;
>   ;;   <URL:http://www.davep.org/emacs/#boxquote.el>"

I'm not very good at emacs/gnus. But I should have written what I meant
more clear. You had something like this:

    Adam> Perhaps changing the variable gnus-ignored-from-addresses
    Adam> will be of use to you?

...etc..

Where the name "Adam" was inserted in the beginning of each quoted
line. Do I need boxquote.el for that?

I have no experience with .el-files or emacs-lisp, but use emacs for
usenet-posting and writing latex documents (with
auctex+reftex+previewlatex).

So if I want to be able to quote, where the name is inserted in the
beginning of each quoted line, how do I do that?

If it requires me to download boxquote.el, I assume I have to insert
something into my .gnus or .emacs file. What should I do in that case?

Best regards
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk