Weird number of messages on server

From: giglio robbo' d'acciaio
Subject: Weird number of messages on server
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:04:22 +0100

Maybe a gnus bug, i don't konw. By the way, when I try to subscribe a new
group from my server here it is what I get in th summary buffer:

     5843864: it.arti.cinema

I think that no group in the whole solar system has nearly 6 millions of
messages, moreover if I try to browse this groups gnus hangs up telling me
that it runs out of memory (no surprise) and suggests me to use 'M-x
save-some-buffer' command.

Any clue?
Thank's in advantage.
--
Bologna:
        Arrestate otto persone nella toilette di un autogrill.  Stavano