Re: Organization

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Organization
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:54:18 +0100

Slackrat <slackrat4Q@azurservers.com> writes:

Hi,

>>> Well, if you can't see my organization, then it did work.
>>
>> And it seems that it *did not* work.
>
> ;; HEADERS THAT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE
> ;; ################################
> (setq gnus-visible-headers
>       (quote ("^From:" "^Newsgroups:" "^Subject:" "^Date:"
>               "^Followup-To:" "^Reply-To:" "^Summary:"
> ;;              "^Followup-To:" "^Reply-To:" "^Organization:" "^Summary:"
>               "^Keywords:" "^To:" "^[BGF]?Cc:" "^Posted-To:"
>               "^Mail-Copies-To:" "^Apparently-To:" "^Gnus-Warning:"
>               "^Resent-From:" "^X-Sent:" "^X-Mailer:" "^User-Agent:"
>               "^X-Newsreader" "Content-Type:")))
>
> This works for me

This variable says only what header to display while reading, not what
headers to create when writing postings. For that purpose have a look at

,----[ C-h v message-default-headers RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v message-default-news-headers RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v message-default-mail-headers RET ]
| message-default-mail-headers is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is ""
|

| Documentation:
| *A string of header lines to be inserted in outgoing mails.
`----

Also have a look at the variables

,----[ C-h v message-required-headers RET ]
| message-required-headers is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is
| ((X-Draft-From lambda nil
|                (gnus-inews-make-draft-meta-information
"nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.gnus.user"

`----

,----[ C-h v message-required-news-headers RET ]

`----

,----[ C-h v message-required-mail-headers RET ]
| message-required-mail-headers is a variable defined in `message.el'.
| Its value is
| (From Subject Date
|       (optional . In-Reply-To)
|       Message-ID
|       (optional . User-Agent))
|
| Documentation:
| *Headers to be generated or prompted for when mailing a message.
| It is recommended that From, Date, To, Subject and Message-ID be
| included.  Organization and User-Agent are optional.
`----

HTH,
Tassilo
--
      "DRM manages rights in the same way a jail manages freedom"