gnu emacs 21.3.1 when using xforwarding with putty on Windows XP Pro.

From: kyle . t . lu
Subject: gnu emacs 21.3.1 when using xforwarding with putty on Windows XP Pro.
Date: 30 Mar 2007 11:32:06 -0700

Hi,
This problem has been with me for years ... and finally I find a way
to reproduce it very single time.
I m not sure if this procedure would work for everyone but FYI here is
what I did.

1) using Putty to ssh to a RH enterprise box with X-Forwarding
enabled. I also have exceed running on my XP ( I used some other free
Xserver before and it hangs as well)
2) has dual display LCD connecting to my windows XP Pro box.
3) start emacs and enlarge the display across two LCD displays (I have
this setting in my .emacs file).
4) open a fare size file then try to page down continuously.
5) emacs hangs when/after it hit the end of the file for me when I
follow the steps above very time.

Tried to strace it but due to my limited knowledge I didn't find
anything useful.

If anyone knows anything relevant to this issue please let me know.

Thanks,

-Kyle