newbie with gnus-plugged (agent?)

From: Martin Jørgensen
Subject: newbie with gnus-plugged (agent?)
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 15:06:43 +0200

Hi,

Newbie question:

I just set up my .gnus-file to get messages using this "plugged"-feature so I can read news-messages off-line...

Earlier I used leafnode, but I thought "gnus-plugged" could do the same thing. Perhaps I overlooked something, but it seems like "gnus-plugged" doesn't save the messages to disk? I have gnus set up to show threads with unread messages but now I noticed that even though there's only 1 unread message in a group, it can download about 5-6000 KB ?

It think fetchmail/leafnode only downloaded the new messages and saves the old on the disk?

Best regards
Martin Jørgensen

Home of Martin Jørgensen - http://www.martinjoergensen.dk