Re: Inline jpeg reader

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: Inline jpeg reader
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 08:13:02 +0900

> running emacs 23, what is the recommended viewer for viewing jpeg files
> attachment inline in email?

Has your Emacs 23 been built with the libjpeg library?  It can
be checked by evaluating the Lisp form:

(image-type-available-p 'jpeg)

If it returns nil, you're unable to view jpeg images inline.

> I did have imagemagick installed but it was opening an external viewer
> and then not actually picking up the tmp file when I hit enter over the
> attachment url.. Trying "inline" (i) just displayed the ascii equivalent
> of the jpeg bytes.

> my mm-text-html-renderer is w3m.

But you're talking about ordinary MIME messages (not HTML messages)
having jpeg attachments, aren't you?  Because emacs-w3m doesn't
make a button on which you can type the `i' command.

Try mouse-3 on that button, and you will see the `E' command there.