Re: HTML Emails

From: slack-rat
Subject: Re: HTML Emails
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 06:07:16 +0200

* Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> a écrit profondement:

| Randy Yates <yates@ieee.org> writes:
|
| > I mostly love the way gnus allows me to use xemacs to read and respond
| > to usenet articles and email messages, but I hate the way it currently
| > handles HTML emails. They are currently interpreted by xemacs internally
| > (I think by w3) and it does a horrible job.
| >
| > Can someone suggest a way to spawn Firefox to read html messages, or
| > can they otherwise suggest a better, more up-to-date method for
| > handling html?
|
| PS:
|
| gnus-version
| "Gnus v5.10.7"
|
| (emacs-version)
| "XEmacs 21.4 (patch 20) \"Double Solitaire\" [Lucid] (x86_64-unknown-linux,
Mule) of Sat May 12 2007 on localhost.localdomain"

in .gnus, this works for me:

;; Show the text/plain part of a multipart
(setq mm-discouraged-alternatives
      '("text/html"
        "text/richtext"))

;; I would like gnus to always use Netscape/mozilla/etc
(setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-firefox)

--
SlackRat
-