Re: Gnus corrupt mailbox w/ nnml

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: Gnus corrupt mailbox w/ nnml
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:35:27 +0200

Hi Kyle

"Kyle Sexton" <ks@mocker.org> writes:

> Well, that explains my problem I guess.  The first line says:
>
> ~$ head -n1 Work.spool
> ~$
>
> In fact, the ^From isn't until line 18:
>
> ~$ cat Work.spool | nl | grep From
>     18  From: "Anon Ymous" <anon@anon.com>
> ~$

The whole trick is to tell procmail to create a standard mbox wherein
all Mails begin with a From-Header (without :). To achive this, you
have to start procmail with the option -f %F.

So add this to the poll-line in your .fetchmailrc, for example:

poll your_mail_account with proto POP3 user 'your_pop_user_name' there
       with password 'secret' is 'your_local_username' here options
       keep ssl mda "/usr/bin/procmail -f %F"

That's all.

Bye,

Sven