Re: png in message, reply and preview `preview-copy-region-as-mml'

From: William F Hammond
Subject: Re: png in message, reply and preview `preview-copy-region-as-mml'
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:40:25 -0500

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>    >> deletes it. I presume that has to do with the fact that gnus send
>    >> messages as plain text.
>
>    > Hardly.  C-c C-f can forward PNGs just fine.
>
> You are right, however
>  `gnus-summary-reply-with-original'
> does not and I can't see any  way to include these png the same way
> forwarding does that.

>From the summary buffer I use
'gnus-summary-followup-with-original' (key: F)
or
'gnus-summary-followup' (key: f)

Then mml-attach-file from the message composition buffer (key: C-c RET f)
or (Menu: Attachments->Attach File)

Its doc is this:

  mml-attach-file is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `mml'.
  (mml-attach-file FILE &optional TYPE DESCRIPTION DISPOSITION)

  Attach a file to the outgoing MIME message.
  The file is not inserted or encoded until you send the message with
  `C-c C-c' or `C-c C-s'.

  FILE is the name of the file to attach.  TYPE is its content-type, a
  string of the form "type/subtype".  DESCRIPTION is a one-line
  description of the attachment.

You'll be prompted for type, description, and disposition.
The doc should say that disposition is one of "attachment" or "inline"
or ... (I'm not sure if there are other choices -- tab at the prompt
to check)

                                    -- Bill