Re: how to let fetchmail's output shown in minibar?

From: Damien Wyart
Subject: Re: how to let fetchmail's output shown in minibar?
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 14:17:02 +0100

* William Xu <william.xwl@gmail.com> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> Are there many differences between:

> 1. fetchmail -d $interval
> 2. a cron job running `fetchmail' every $interval

Not really (except you will have to start and stop fetchmail each time,
but the costs are negligible of course) ; I just feel 2 is less logical
and doesn't follow totally the Unix philosophy...

This might be a personal opinion, but if a tool as a feature which
works, why use another tool to do the same thing? I think many Unix
authors would agree with this principe.

Btw, my original answer did not mean you MUST NOT do 2, I mainly wanted
to point out that 1 exists, which obvisouly the OP did not know.

--
DW