Re: xml-rpc / weblog backend with gnus?

From: DigitalPig
Subject: Re: xml-rpc / weblog backend with gnus?
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 16:13:32 -0500

poppyer <poppyer@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi, gnus,
>
>     Is there any such backends available? It would be nice if i can read
>     / post to the blogs (mime or my friends') with in gnus.
>
> Cheers,
> poppyer
>
> --
I don't know if there is in Gnus. But I know there are some under Emacs. The
first choice to use is WebloggerMode
(http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/WebloggerMode) You can post your blog
entry by using that. For reading Blogs, You can use nnrss backend, which
involving RSS mechanism like in Google Reader. In the group buffer, press "G"
"R" and input the url you like.

The third method is g-client in Emacspeak package. It provide a set of
interfaces for Google services, including Google Calendar, Google Reader and
Blogger. If you happen to use Blogger to post and Google Reader to track your
friend's blog. It would be a perfect choice.

PS: Maybe Google update their web API interface. I downloaded both the g-client
package in the latest stable Emacspeak package and the SVN version, but neither
of them can get the Calendar... Does anybody have an idea? Thanks!

--
Zhenqing Li
Materials Science & Engineering (Emphasis on Polymer)