Re: summary buffer format for archives

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: summary buffer format for archives
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:09:11 +0100

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 03:15:14 +0100, Richard wrote:

> Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@gmail.com> writes:
>> How can I change the summary buffer format for only my archive groups?
>> e.g I want to see the "to" address rather than the "from address" for
>> all outgoing emails I have archived.

> To answer my own question:

> (setq
>  gnus-parameters
>  '(("^\\(nnimap\\|nnfolder\\|nnml\\)"
>     (gnus-summary-line-format "%-23,23~(form (gnus-extra-header 'To))@
> %S\n"))))

> I'm not sure I understand the manual when it says %f is the "from" or
> the "to" field.

Another possibility is to set gnus-ignored-from-addresses to something
that matches your own addresses:

,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
| `gnus-ignored-from-addresses' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
|
| Value: "\\(asjo\\|adam\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
|
| Documentation:
| *From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.
`----

(This functionality perhaps also accounts for the description of %f that
was confusing to you?)

  Best regards,

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk