Re: is nnimap broken? Is gnus 5.11 broken?

From: David
Subject: Re: is nnimap broken? Is gnus 5.11 broken?
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 13:01:47 +0200

Ed <edwardjameshartnett@gmail.com> writes:
> Then, if I go back to the groups buffer, it allows me to subscribe to
> nnimap+main:INBOX
>
>        0: nndraft:queue
>        0: nndraft:drafts
>      618: nnimap+mail:INBOX

You subscribe the group by hitting 'u', I suppose?

> So that seems good. But the next time I open GNUS this group is not
> there, and I have to go back to the server buffer and read the email
> through that.
>
> So how do I get this INBOX group to stick around?

Gnus will by default only show you groups with unread messages in
them. Try hitting 'L' (gnus-group-list-all-groups) in the group
buffer. You can make groups permanently visible in various ways. The
easiest is to hit 'G c' (gnus-group-customize) over the group and select
"Permanently visible".

-David