nnmaildir don't get new email with gnus-group-get-new-news

From: Pedro Kröger
Subject: nnmaildir don't get new email with gnus-group-get-new-news
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 08:28:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I use offlineimap to get my email from a  gmail account. It downloads
it to ~/Maildir (for instance, the directory ~/Maildir/inbox is a
proper maildir directory). I have the following setup in my .gnus: (no
mail-sources)

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil))

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnmaildir ""
         (directory "~/Maildir")
         (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)
         (expire-age never)
         (get-new-mail t))))

and it works fine (gnus can read the groups at ~/Maildir). But if I
update the mail folders with offlineimap and type g at the group
buffer (gnus-group-get-new-news), gnus doesn't show the new emails.
The manual says it should re-scan the directory:

    The directory is scanned when you first start Gnus, and
    each time you type `g' in the group buffer; if any maildirs
    have been removed or added, `nnmaildir' notices at these
    times.

Am I missing something?

Pedro