Re: Best way to see html stuff

From: Charles philip Chan
Subject: Re: Best way to see html stuff
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:09:52 -0500

Torben Knudsen <tk@es.aau.dk> writes:

> What is the advantages of using emacs-w3m?

One reason is the same as why Claws-mail uses dillo- security, since
there is no support for Java and Java scripts. It serves as a good
preview and can be easily loaded in an external browser.

> How does emacs-w3m compare with firefox?

I like it better on plain pages since you have the full power of Emacs
at your disposal. It integrate especially well with org and planner
modes via remember.

> Can I still click on links and se them in firefox?

Yes, by pressing "M" (w3m-view-url-with-external-browser) in a w3m
buffer will either load the page in an external browser (if the cursor
is not on a link) or load the link in an external browser.

Charles