Re: Setting up gnus with IMAP

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Setting up gnus with IMAP
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:06:29 +0200

"Rob Weir" <rweir@ertius.org> writes:

Hi!

>> One other question, is there a way to get gnus to show the subscribed
>> mailboxes at the start ?
>
> It should show the subscribed ones at startup, provided they have new
> mail in them.  You can customise each group (with G c) to make them
> "Permanently visible".

Or simply hit `L' in *Group* (and `l' again to hide groups with no
unread/ticked messages).  I think it's very convenient to have only the
groups displayed which contain unread or ticked messages, especially if
you have lots of groups, although that might feel a bit strange in the
beginning.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
There are only two things that can cut diamonds: other diamonds, and
Chuck Norris.