Re: gnus scoring insanity

From: Vagn Johansen
Subject: Re: gnus scoring insanity
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 09:02:55 +0200

notbob@bb.nothome.com writes:

> Interesting.  Was I supposed to manually create the all.SCORE file?

No

> If so, this has become a major issue, it not being a first time I've
> created necessary files.  Problem is, I've yet to find one word of
> instruction in the gnus manual that I should create any files and
> what and where those files should be named/located.

Go to the gnus manual (C-h i d m gnus RET)

Find the chapter "Scoring". The first subsection is "Summary Score
Commands" which shows what you need to get started: L and I

These give you an interactive way of creating scoring entries for the
current group (use for ? for help).

if you later want to edit the generated SCORE file you use "V e"

http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_263.html#SEC263

--
Vagn Johansen
Evalesco A/S