Re: gnus scoring insanity

From: notbob
Subject: Re: gnus scoring insanity
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 11:25:33 -0600

Memnon Anon <gegendosenfleisch@gmail.com> writes:

> So if you stay with it, maybe you are the right one to write that
> 'different book' ;).

I would like to.  I've been using linux for seven years and learning
gnus has been about the most difficult hurdle I've encountered.  slrn
is so much easier.  I can see why it's more popular.  OTOH, some gnus
functions just blow slrn out of the water.  That, and I think John D
has let some things slide.  M-f/b hasn't worked in jed for the last
couple revs.

Though I've lost a few functions from slrn, I'm sure they're available
in gnus.  I just need to rediscover 'em.  Plus, some of the native
functions gnus has, like keeping attribute markers correct when
reformating a paragraph (Esc-q) is brilliant.  Being a rabid reply
trimmer, that alone was enough to turn me to gnus.  ;)

nb