Re: gnus scoring insanity

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: gnus scoring insanity
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:12:42 +0200

On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 14:37:49 -0600, notbob@bb.nothome.com wrote:

>> ..... it kind of almost makes sense.

> That's reassuring, almost.

Exactly.

(If you can't hear the tongue-in-cheek in that paragraph, you must be
needin' a hearing aid.)

>> Written many reference manuals, have you? :-)

> Surprisingly, I have, and I know garbage when I read it.

That's totally cool! Now you have two alternatives:

 * Bitch and moan, yielding at best overbearing replies, at worst
   sarcastic and unconstructively sullen replies (those would be mine).

 * Find out what the manual should have said, and contribute it.

And since you have a) a lot of experience, and b) know how to
differentiate between garbage and good, you are the perfect person to
start fixing this problem you've come upon.

Get crackin'!

> That paragraph is absurd.

And what makes you think that wasn't intentional?

> It reads like it was written by someone in la-la land and conveys no
> useable information.

I'm sure the author of said paragraph will be happy to give you a full
refund :-)

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "We get our thursdays from a banana."                        Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk