Re: read as newsgroup, but post by email: how?

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: read as newsgroup, but post by email: how?
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 12:27:41 +1000

On 25 Jun 2009, Hugh Lawson wrote:
> With gnus, I read linux.debian.user, but this is actually a mailing
> list whose contents are mirrored to this newsgroup.
>
> To post, one must send an email to
>
> debian-user@lists.debian.org
>
> So, what I'd like to do is, in the case of newsgroup
> linux.debian.user, to make any submission to it go via email to
> debian-user@lists.debian.org.

You should be able to post using Gmane, too - just hit 'F' to follow up
to a message, and gnus'll post using NNTP, and Gmane will send you a
couple of confirmation emails then forward it along to Debian.  You
might have trouble with some lists, but debian-user is "not moderated;
posting is allowed by anyone" (http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/).

--
-rob